Global Digital Trainees
Local Unit & Position Description
The Global Digital Trainee programme in DNV GL is an exciting way to start your digital career! The goal for the digital trainees is to build competence in the intersection between business and technology, as well as to contribute to the digital transformation of DNV GL’s main industries. More specifically the trainees will work with digital business and service development, digital platform development and take part in execution of projects involving handling and analysis of data; helping DNV GL and our customers to realize the value that data possess.
The programme offers a unique opportunity to gain insight and build experience in the digital transformation of DNV GL’s main industries (Maritime, Oil & Gas and Energy) from different perspectives. It is an on–the–job training programme where we seek to design a scheme for you based on your qualifications and learning needs, as well as the future competence needs of DNV GL. The trainee programme generally consists of three six-month rotations, where your first rotation will be in Norway.
You should have strong academic results and have international experience (studied, worked or lived abroad). In addition, you may have a maximum of two year’s full time working experience and be able to join us from August 2017.
Excellent English conversational and writing skills are required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information systems, Data engineering, Statistics or similar.
- Credits within Business, Management, Innovation etc. is an advantage.
- Open minded
- Eager to learn
- Proactive and self-driven
- International mindset
- “Data smart”
Join us and you will:
- take part in the digital transformation of DNV GL, centred around our digital acceleration initiatives.
- work with dedicated and competent colleagues … with a high education and specialisation level in an international environment.
- meet demanding customers … with complex and exciting technical challenges.
- live locally yet work on challenges globally … and enjoy working at our beautiful campus at Høvik.
- learn more every day We offer a wide array of development opportunities, in terms of roles, technologies, and geographies; on the job and through training, both internally, and through our education fund.
- live a balanced life We offer a flexible working environment, attractive pension- and insurance schemes, 30 day annual vacation, and of number of sports and leisure activities.Upon successful completion of the trainee programme, candidates will be offered a permanent position within the DNV GL Group, either abroad or in Norway. Our preference will be candidates interested in an international career. Only applications submitted through this portal will be considered.
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL uses a web based recruitment portal. Please register your CV and attachments electronically. It is important that you enclose diplomas/transcripts/attestations/copy of passport and a picture of yourself together with your application. The application should be submitted in English.