Graduate Software Product Specialist Supply Chain Organization
Start Date: 1st September 2017
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Application deadline: 31st January 2017
How to apply?
Please send your CV, application and copy of your grade transcript to
We review applications as and when they come in
We are seeking intelligent and passionate university students to join the EMEAR Supply Chain Operations Team as a Graduate Software Engineer. If you want to work within supply chain with technology and innovation and play a role in contributing to its success, then this is the right role for you!
The Cisco Supply Chain Operations organization is responsible for taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. As part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team, Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
Enabling Today's Business, Preparing for the Future:
In Supply Chain Operations we have an opportunity and the responsibility to enable Cisco's business now and prepare for the future. Our vision and strategy continue to emphasize the importance of providing our customers an unrivaled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain while continuing to build upon our strong operational foundation. Cisco is also committed to social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain. We work with our suppliers to maintain a sustainable supply chain that meets our standards for ethics, labor practices, health and safety, and the environment.
We encourage you to become a part of this dynamic organization where on a daily basis we leverage Cisco’s aggressive competitive spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees to use their expertise to take good business risks. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, it's become an exciting time to be part of the Supply Chain Operations team. Play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
What You Will Do
● Take a lead role in the migration over to Cisco’s new Python based Manufacturing Test platform (Apollo).
● Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug Manufacturing Test software (developed in Python Scripting) for New Product Hardware designs.
● Develop generic equipment/device drivers to provide a standardized Test Equipment interface.
● Recent graduate or on your final year of studies toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Communications Technology, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Maths, Physics
● A good academic record and due to receive a B or higher
● Solid understanding of Python Scripting with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Strong knowledge of cloud programming (Saas) and scripting languages is an advantage
● Formal education or experience in Electronics is considered highly desirable
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting /debugging skills
● Excellent ability to collaborate and work together with other team members
● Excellent verbal and written skills – English is a must, Norwegian is desired
What we offer you:
● We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
● Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
● Cisco play: A variety of different activities such as an onsite gym, physiotherapist, circuit training, climbing, and participation in Den Lille Styrkeprøven, Holmenkollstafetten and much more
● A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
● Culture of recognition: Promotions, bonuses, recognition, summer party and family party
● A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place To Work in 2015
Why Cisco Norway is a Great Place to Work
Bring your personality to work
We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills. Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They’re strengths we look for in every employee.