Graduate Software Engineer – Norway - Cisco
Start Date: August 2017
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Application deadline: 31st January 2017
Please note that we review applications and interview on an ongoing basis
How to apply?
Please send your CV, application and copy of your grade transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact Linn Hesthag email@example.com
Why you will love Cisco:
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you will take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You will interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You will be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you will take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Play a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop and security spaces. You will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
What you will do:
● Create great collaboration experiences by writing good quality software on multiple platforms
● Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with developers, test, design and product management during our iterative development cycles where product development is done from idea to finished article.
● Deploy your work in the Cisco cloud and get fast feedback on usage and adoption
● Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
What you need to be eligible:
● In the last year of study or recently graduated from a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Maths, Physics
● Passionate about product development
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Experience with C/C++/Python/Java is desirable
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
● Comfortable with working in teams
● Excellent English verbal and written skills
What we offer you:
● Total Rewards: Through our Total Rewards program, you’re rewarded beyond just pay: professionally, intellectually, financially and personally
● We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
● Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
● Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all.
● A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
● Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco
● A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place To Work in 2015
● Design-awarded office: Our innovation center is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
Bring your personality to work
We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills. Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They’re strengths we look for in every employee.
Have a look at what it’s like working at Cisco Norway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9deJ886WCg
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Are you ready to change the World?