Design and User Experience – Summer Internship – Cisco
Start Date: Flexible – summer 2017 for at least 7 weeks
Application deadline: ASAP - Please note we review applications on an ongoing basis.
Location: Lysaker, Norway
How to apply? Please send your CV, portfolio (or work samples) and copy of grade transcript to
If you have questions, please contact Linn Hesthag – University Relations Manager, email@example.com
Why you will love Cisco:
Cisco innovates everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Designers in Cisco have fun while playing a crucial role in driving next generation design innovations. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
What you will do:
- Interaction Designer - Design end-to-end user experiences through brainstorming, conceptual models, user cases and scenarios, personas, wireframe mock-ups, interactions flows, low-fidelity prototypes, and specification documents
- Visual Designer - Design end to end user experiences through conceptual design, visual systems and language, mood boards, low- and medium-fidelity prototypes, final comps, and visual specification documents
- User Research - Plan and execute research studies with guidance from the User Research Lead.
- In your penultimate year of studies toward a master’s degree in Industrial Design, User Experience or related subject.
- Minimum B or equivalent grades
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or industrial design foundations
- Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints
- Contribute to all aspects of design including need-finding, user research, concepting, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support
- Partner closely with engineering and product management to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
Bring your personality to work
We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills. Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They’re strengths we look for in every employee.
Have a look at what it’s like working at Cisco Norway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9deJ886WCg
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Are you ready to change the World?